Saturday, September 28, 2013

Friday, September 27 -  Morning is breaking, we are finally at home

Actually we got home in record time. Our flight left Paris on time at 9:25am (3:25am Easton time). It was smooth, with the most professional crew that we've encountered in a long time.
The happy travelers 
Food on board was plentiful

And we walked in our front door a few minutes before 4pm Easton time. This speedy trip was made possible by our ability to make use of our new Global Entry and TSA Pre-Check status. As we de-planed in Newark, we were among the first at the Global Entry kiosk. Since we had all our baggage with us, we re-entered the domestic flight secure area using TSA Pre-Check, left our shoes on, and moved on to the flight to Baltimore. We were able to catch a 12:20 flight instead of the 4:30. Things moved along on time; our good friend and neighbor Frank was kind enough to meet our van at the Easton airport for the final leg of the trip. Whew! It certainly was an adventure.

Some final observations:
1. First of all, thanks for reading the blog. It was serious commitment, but as it turned out, it was an excellent way to document for lasting memories. I recommend the process. Thanks to my friend Katie for pushing me to take the "Blogging" plunge and for her advice along the way.

2. Would we go back to France in September again? Of course, if I win the lottery, but I will answer that two ways. We'd definitely return to Beaune (Burgundy) in September but probably not Paris. As you can tell from the blog, we avoided most museums and monuments, because they were just too crowded.

3. Another two week trip? We found that we quickly tired of eating in hotel dining rooms and restaurants. It was certainly nice to move into our "own" apartment with kitchen facilities so I could drink coffee in my jammies and we could enjoy casual dinners while watching TV.

4. Speaking of the apartment: there were several things I loved. One was the towel warmer in each of the bathrooms.
I might ask Santa for one of these for Christmas

Another was the little grocery cart that identified one as a "local" in the grocery store.
This was the most colorful one we've had so far.
 
Paris Perfect supplies each apartment with liquid hand soap, body soap, and body lotion that has a fresh fragrance is quite memorable.
I wish I could have taken some home.
 
Apparently pigeons are a problem all over the world. This building tried to discourage the messy little flyers by installing spikes on the window sills and roof lines. I can report that they aren't foolproof.
Ouch!
 
5. I had earlier mentioned that bicycling is a popular means of transportation and touring However, not all trips result in a safe return.
Oh, dear (too much wine, perhaps?)
 
As I bring this blog adventure to a close, I want to again say "merci beaucoup" for checking in each day. I will leave you with the following image and promise to return again.
A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment